Nurseries & Schools – Early Language Resources for Teachers
Avery Hill Education Early Learning Resources have been created by teachers for both teachers and parents to immerse children in language learning from an early age. The programme was designed to provide a combination of creative and imaginative language storybooks with supporting animated role-play games and activity books to ignite a child’s passion for learning.
The structure of the programme enables an immersive language teaching method making it both ideal and successful for excelling a child in their mother tongue or building their foundations in a second language.
Our early resources are tailored to meet the needs of children aged between 4 and 9 years old and can be used by nursery and primary school teachers. The first level of our programme, Learn & Play, is available in English and can be pre-ordered through a value-for-money six-month subscription.
Our Teaching Method
The Tales of Arthur the Elf uses a distinct structure which consists in combining the following three resources we have created:
- Language Storybooks (with audio): Each story is followed by a vocabulary-building activity.
- Animated Games (videos): The vocabulary covered in a story is reinforced with a role-play game. The role-play games are short but interactive, usually lasting around 2 minutes.
- Activity Books: The activity books are organised according to age group and are designed to consolidate the topics covered in the stories and role-play games.
Unlike many language learning programmes which focus solely on teaching vocabulary, The Tales of Arthur the Elf focuses on immersion in language but also mathematical concepts, problem-solving, cultural awareness, art, geography, history and more. This is truly unique and provides our youngest learners with an incredible head start with their future learning.
Learn & Play (Level 1)
Learn & Play is the first level of our language programme. It is available in English and is organised around two three-month subscriptions.
The resources are suitable for pupils learning English as an additional language as well as native speakers who need to develop their language and communication skills.
Teachers receive free monthly teaching bundles. Each three-month subscription, offers access to three teaching bundles. The materials are available in digital format (e.g. teaching guides, lesson plans and audio).
Children’s three-month subscriptions offer each three learning bundles. Each learning bundle provides four language storybooks, four videos, four activity books and a colouring book. The materials are available in printed format except for the videos that are to be streamed on our website. Children receive their learning bundles monthly by post.
- Four language storybooks with audio;
- Four learning videos (to be streamed on our website);
- Eight activity books (with fun language and literacy activities);
- One colouring Book (with the characters of the stories).
Subscription: £45 for three months (postage excluded).